IFDC regularly provides contract consultative services to governments, private sector organizations, international NGOs, research institutions and IFDC development partners.
Promoting Food Security, Agricultural Growth and Environmental Protection
IFDC’s goal is to promote food security, agricultural growth and environmental protection through sound and viable fertilizer/crop production technologies, policies and institutional arrangements that collectively provide benefits to all participants along the agricultural value chain.
- Integrated research, evaluation and development of existing, new and potential fertilizer technologies for commercial introduction to farmers in developing nations.
- Research on the risk and environmental impact assessment of new technologies and the preparation of sustainability indices and improved fertilizer use recommendations.
- Economic assessment of new technologies, policies and institutions for crop production, natural resource management and market development.
- Research on the design of policies and institutions that support the adoption of technologies and development of agricultural markets.
- Development of policies and programs to address issues resulting from market failure and environmental externalities.
- Research on tariff and non-tariff barriers to trade of inputs and outputs.
- Research on designing market-friendly safety nets for resource-poor farmers.
- Development and transfer of soil, nutrient and water management technologies, with a focus on improving nitrogen use efficiency, soil fertility management and use of indigenous resources such as phosphate rock.
- Development of decision support and market information systems to support resource use efficiency and trade and market development.
- Integrated technical support to national programs and regional economic community initiatives.
- Human capital development through training and technical assistance to various stakeholders.