Granular Fertilizers Production and Specialty Products
Join Us in Bangkok, Thailand | November 5-9, 2018
About the Training
The production of homogeneous granular fertilizers often involves complex manufacturing processes. There are many variables involved in the granulation process, particularly the large number of raw materials and combinations that are routinely processed in a single plant, especially for NPKs. Additionally, variations in climatic conditions, equipment design and configurations and operator skills also affect the production process and product quality.
Because granular fertilizers play an important role in fertilizer supply strategies worldwide, this workshop is organized to facilitate a better understanding of the technology and methods used for their production. This workshop will examine the specialized plant engineering and manufacturing criteria required for the production of high-quality granular fertilizers.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The workshop is designed for:
- Engineers who are new to the fertilizer industry.
- Technical managers and engineers engaged in production, design, storage and handling of granulated, compacted, and blended fertilizers.
- Quality control, process, and design engineers engaged in engineering, equipment supply, and revamping granular fertilizer plants.
- Entrepreneurs contemplating the establishment of fertilizer granulation production facilities.
The program will be conducted in English.
- Provide an overview on the fundamentals of granulation.
- Provide an overview of alternatives for producing granular fertilizers.
- Expose participants to various processes and equipment used in producing granular fertilizers and the unique problems encountered during production.
- Increase understanding of appropriate methods for storing and handling raw materials and products of granulated, compacted. and blended NPK fertilizers, as well as the unique problems encountered in storing and handling these products.
- Examine quality issues related to producing, storing and handling granular fertilizers.
About the Program
The workshop will cover various topics including, but not limited to:
- Technology, design, and equipment for the production of granular fertilizers and the incorporation of micronutrients.
- Storage and handling of granulated, compacted, and blended fertilizers and the raw materials from which they are produced.
- Quality issues in production, storage, and handling of granular fertilizers.
- Engineering and equipment manufacturers’ presentations on processes and equipment for producing and handling the various granulated fertilizer types.
- Presentations on closely related topics, such as physical and chemical properties of fertilizers and sampling.
- Sessions will address DAP, MAP, and NPK granulation processes with an emphasis on urea-based NPKs, as well as compaction/granulation and bulk blending.
- Field trip to granular fertilizer production facilities.
The technical presentations and field trip will be conducted by three IFDC fertilizer technology specialists with more than 60 years of combined experience in the fertilizer sector. In addition, invited experts from the fertilizer industry and fertilizer equipment manufacturers will participate as faculty.
Travel & Fees
The stylish Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok is located right in the heart of central Bangkok, just moments from Pratunam Market and CentralWorld; the BTS Skytrain station is steps away as well. The hotel is in close proximity to Silom, Platinum Mall and more. The hotel features 316 beautifully designed hotel rooms and suites, which offer free Wi-Fi, deluxe bedding, marble bathrooms and cutting-edge technology. Begin your morning with the breakfast buffet at MoMo Cafe, the on-site restaurant, or visit MoMo Bar for tapas and cocktails. Additional amenities at the hotel include a 24-hour fitness center, an outdoor pool and a spa.
Participants will be extended IFDC’s special deluxe single room rate of 3,100 baht/net/night (approximately US $97/person/night) inclusive of international breakfast buffet, free Wi-Fi Internet in rooms, service charge and
government tax. This rate is valid for reservations made no later than October 4, 2018. After this date, reservations will be subject to hotel room availability and at the best available rate. Participants are responsible for reservation and payment of accommodations at the Courtyard Marriott Bangkok. Please click here to book.
Telephone: +66 2690 1888
Booking Link: Click Here
VISAS & MEDICAL INSURANCE
APPLICATIONS FOR NECESSARY VISAS SHOULD BE MADE AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE. Participants who are not eligible to enter Thailand without a visa should apply at the nearest embassy of Thailand for a visa. All required immunizations and health formalities should be completed. Medical insurance should be obtained by participants. The training program fee does not cover any medical insurance or expenses.
COST AND ENROLLMENT
The program fee for this training course is US $2,200 per participant (inclusive of a US $250 non-refundable deposit) and should reach IFDC no later than October 5, 2018, four weeks before the program is scheduled. Those received thereafter will be accepted at IFDC’s discretion and incur a late fee. Participants will be given the opportunity to take advantage of an early bird rate if registration and payment is received by IFDC prior to September 5, 2018.
The program fee, less the non-refundable deposit and, if applicable, the wire fee, will be refunded for cancellations made two (2) weeks before the commencement of the program. Ninety percent of the paid fee will be returned and 10 percent, in addition to the deposit, will be charged to cover administrative costs for cancellations made between two (2) weeks and one (1) week before the commencement of the program. Cancellations made less than one (1) week before the commencement of the program will receive no refund.
Registration will be on a first-come, first-served basis. Paid participants will receive priority. An organization wishing to enroll more than one participant should supply information and payment for each participant.
Payment of the program fee can be made by: (1) check or draft payable to IFDC; (2) wire transfer to IFDC’s account in the U.S.A. through First Metro Bank, 406 West Avalon Avenue, Muscle Shoals, Alabama, U.S.A., ABA number 062203955 for credit to IFDC account number 55281; or (3) major credit card – MasterCard, Visa or American Express.
The program fee covers registration, training and reference material, coffee/tea breaks, all lunches and surface transportation on field trips. The fee does not include air travel, lodging and dinner expenses, or medical and communication expenses. Participants should plan to arrive in Bangkok, Thailand, on Sunday, November 4, 2018.
Payment of the program fee can be made by:
- (1) check or draft payable to IFDC;
- (2) wire transfer to IFDC’s account in the U.S.A. through First Metro Bank, 406 West Avalon Avenue, Muscle Shoals, Alabama, U.S.A., ABA number 062203955 for credit to IFDC account number 55281; or
- (3) major credit card – MasterCard, Visa or American Express.
IFDC is a nonprofit, public international organization (PIO) dedicated to increasing agricultural productivity and food production through the development and use of plant nutrients in sustainable crop production systems. Headquartered in Muscle Shoals, Alabama, U.S.A., IFDC is involved in human resource development, research and technical assistance in collaboration with public, private, national and international organizations throughout the world. IFDC has conducted more than 700 formal workshops, study tours and training programs for over 11,000 participants from over 150 countries since 1974. The programs have covered a wide range of subjects including integrated soil fertility management and fertilizer use efficiency, fertilizer production technology, agro-input dealership, competitive marketing, supply chain management, investment analysis, policy reforms and numerous specialized topics.