Nigeria Agro-Input Support Project
is improving the availability, accessibility and utilization of high-quality agricultural inputs to smallholder farmers in Nigeria.
Providing Best Practice Methods to Farmers
The NAIS project, funded by Syngenta (2014-2015), works with farmers to help enhance their farming methods through trainings on maize and rice protocols.
- Land selection preparation
- Seed dressing techniques
- Planting and sowing best management practices
- Pre- and post-emergence herbicide application
- Basal fertilizer application (NPK)
- Topdressing (urea)
- Inter-row manual weed control
- Harvest and post-harvest practices
Establishing Demonstration Plots
NAIS is establishing demonstration plots that enable
on-farm trainings for farmers. The demonstration plots allow
farmers to see the benefits of practical trainings as well as
the NAIS Package of Practices (PoP) – Syngenta’s products
in combination with Good Agricultural Practices (GAP).