PAMEFA – Vi
Supporting the Modernization of Family Farms – Inputs Component
PAMEFA sought to increase the productivity and incomes of 315,000 smallholder farmers in Burkina Faso. The project is funded by SDC.
- 97 demonstration tests and 207 guided field tours on improved seeds and appropriate fertilizer formulas and doses were conducted, involving 14,174 producers.
- Five agricultural technology transfer centers are active in five regions, connecting input distributors and supply firms.
- PAMEFA-Vi strengthened the capacity of 1,040 input distributor members of the Agricultural Input and Commodities Marketing Cooperative (COCIMA) and AGRODIA.
Strengthening Agro-Dealers and Farmers
PAMEFA, funded by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) from 2015 to 2018, worked to improve the availability, accessibility and affordability of quality agricultural inputs in rural areas of Burkina Faso by:
- Enhancing the capacity of agro-dealers and institutions.
- Providing training and technical assistance to farmers and agro-dealers by initiating technology transfer centers.
- Supporting agricultural marketing initiatives and warehouse receipts programs for access to inputs.
Increasing Productivity and Incomes
The project promoted access to inputs and looked to increase agricultural productivity and yields by 15 percent while also increasing smallholder farmer incomes.